Wednesday, December 21, 2005

house vs. home

I’ve been looking around my house, and I say house because lately it is not feeling like a home, and all I see is clutter and wasted money. Things are tight right now, they always are at this time of year, as Hubby has no overtime right now, and I always seem to block this fact out of my mind until December rolls around again and I’m left juggling. Things being tight make it worse to see all the waste. I am going to go thru my fabric stash and see if I can get rid of some of it, I’m not sure how though; e-bay, etsy, on the blog, garage sale . . . who knows. I just need to cull some of the craft supplies. I am a bit of a craft-a-holic . . . crochet, scrapbooking, sewing, tatting, knitting . . . what's next? The biggest problem right now is the fabric stash . . . heck, let's call it what it is . . . hording, I have to get rid of at least 1/2 of my fabric, now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Try Craigslist and Freecycle as well - they're both great places to get rid of things you don't need. I know how it feels to be blogged down by "stuff" - sometimes it feels so nice just to get things clear and clean. Think about how much better you'll feel when everything is cleared out!

12/21/2005 06:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean when you say, things are tight. It's the same with us. No Christmas bonus, no overtime, nothing but we still have to give. Hmmm How do you do that when you just break even the other 11 months a year?
I'm also a hoarder and crafter. I think after Christmas it will be all cleaned up. I've gotten used to seeing stuff all over, oh well. Have a great Christmas, nonetheless and don't despair, there are other crafty hoarders out there! :))

12/21/2005 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should join Flylady www.flylady.net. You join her Yahoo group and she sends out emails helping you to get rid of clutter. It is great. You work on one section of your house at a time.

I think ebay is a great place to get rid of the fabric. I have bought a lot of fabric off of ebay for my hoard...er ...stash :)

12/23/2005 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger itgirl said...

you could offer it up for sale on your blog and let us all take a crack at it... 'cuz I for one need more stash, ya know.

12/23/2005 03:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home