Wednesday, December 07, 2005

kitty pi v3.0

pattern: Wendy's Kitty Pi yarn: Cascade 220 - used up lots of partial balls in blue/grey/black needles: Clover US11 modifications: I used a double strand of yarn and did an i-cord bindoff instead of fur since this kitty bed is for an 18yo boy's new kitten. Blocked on a plastic chip and dip container I bought at JoAnn last summer or the summer before. I seem to knit things 3 times before I can be happy with them. This project was no exception. The first time I just picked colors randomly and knit it stripes . . . ripped it out right before the last increase. The second time I started with the dark colors and started knittting from dark to light . . . go to row 20 (or so) after the last increase and didn't like it and ripped it out. For the final version I lined up the blues from light to dark and did the same with the black/greys and paired the lightest of one with the darkest of the other and added yarn in reverse order (clear as mud?) and that's the one I kept. I think I overthink these things, I mean it's just a cat bed, lol.

4 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

Oh, beautiful! Kitty Pi's been on my list, and that is a lovely version. The dark centre with lighter top make a really striking piece.

12/07/2005 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is a great Kitty Pi!!!

12/07/2005 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

The Kitty Pi took me a couple of evenings of dedicated TV knitting to knit up then of course there is the drying time needed after felting, but you could easily crank one out by x-mas.

12/08/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, a cat bed is a big thing!! ;) I love the way yours turned out. I've got to get working on mine. I've got two cats which means two beds and lots of decisions, just like you, I think a lot about what I'm going to do.

12/08/2005 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home