Sunday, January 01, 2006

Reflections in Yarn 05

1. List your finished objects, or just list your favorite FO: I have listed my FOs for '05 here. As for a favorite that is a hard one, but I think I really enjoyed making the Kitty Pi the most, I think it's more the idea of it. 2. List your works in progress: still on the needles: button, button baby sweater & socks for hubby, Esther Williams for Aunt Pris off the needles, but need finishing: KPS cardigan for Son that still needs a zipper and to have the ends woven in Though it doesn't look like much in progress, I am sad to say I have lots of zipper bags, yarn and pattern contained within, just waiting to be started. 3. What skeletons are in your knitting basket? I don't think I have been knitting long enough for real skeletons, maybe next year. 4. What's your favorite project? This year's favorite project was prolly these baby booties. I knit them up as a break from a pair of socks I had reknit 3 times, they went together perfectly and were just the thing I needed to regain my sanity and finish the socks. 5. What project(s) will you never knit again? I didn't finish too many projects this year, but I don't think there are any I would totally write off. Unless the experience was so excruciating that I have totally blocked it from my memory. 6. What was your major knitting accomplishment for the last year? Sock, socks, and more socks . . . . 7. What's your favorite yarn from the last year? Debbie Bliss Cashmerino . . . it's crack. 8. What's your favorite yarn overall? Cascade 220, you just can't beat it for the value. 9. What new knitting techniques have you learned? i-cord bind-off, felting, 3 needle bind-off, knitting from a chart, stripes in the round 10. What are your knitting goals for 2006?
  • Knit a sweater for me.
  • Work with a sock pattern until I can get it to fit my wide feet, high instep, and thick ankles.
  • Finish at least one project a month.
  • Not buy more yarn. When I started buying yarn I intended to keep my stash to a specific size, I want it to get back down to that size again. I have enough projects waiting for me I should be able to get quite a bit accomplished before needing to purchase any more yarn. Let's try for 6 months.
  • Knit a shawl, or many shawls for holiday gifts next year if all goes well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like it was a good knitting year for you!

Regarding your goal of not buying more yarn (which is one of mine, too) - you might try signing up for the Stashalong - part of it is no buying yarn from now until April 1. But you have to sign up before 5 pm Mountain Time today!!

1/01/2006 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home