Wednesday, November 02, 2005

felting

I felted up Mom's bag yesterday. Two agitation cycles plus one full cycle in my front loader with a pair of jeans, perfect. I knit up this bag with a double strand of Cascade 220 or Cascade 220 and Noro. I am worried about how my next bags will turn out. I had planned on using a single strand of Cascade Pastaza and Noro, or Lamb's Pride worsted and Manos. I started the next bag with the Lamb's Pride worsted and it seems so loose and open. I am worried that it will end up too small when it is felted. I know . . . I know . . . do a swatch . . . sigh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous bag! What colourways of Noro & Cascade 220 did you use?? I love the effect you got with them!

As for a pattern for this felted bag, there isn't really one, I just kind of made it up as I went along. If you like I will write it out for you!

11/02/2005 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bag. The mottled and striped look great.

11/02/2005 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Beautiful! The colors go together so nicely.

11/02/2005 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Love it! I am working on one right now and am inspired to finish it and get it felted this weekend! Color work is wonderful! Sue

11/04/2005 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love the way your bag turned out. The colors are beautiful. Your mom will love it!

11/04/2005 01:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home