Monday, October 17, 2005

eeeep!

I decided to exchange the yarn for daughter's sweater. So, back down to Seattle I went. I entered the shop with the intention of only exchanging the yarn and looking at maybe picking up some US13 straight needles, that was it. Well, hmmm, so much for good intentions. I went straight to the yarn for daughter's sweater and picked up some bright pink Blizzard then headed to the straight needles and picked up the Brittanys. While heading to the register I saw the Silky Wool, in a beautiful dark purple, it jumped into my basket of its own accord, I had nothing to do with it. As I was passing some Dalegarn Falk in a nice medium gray-blue,I started thinking about the holidays and how I wanted to make some socks for my dad. It came home with me too. In my defense I do have to add that I resisted some Lorna's Laces shepherd Sock in Black Pearl (beautiful purple/grey/black) . . . it went in and out of my basket several times before finally staying on the shelf. So a quick run to the yarn shop that should have cost less than $15 ended up costing quite a bit more . . . sigh. But, on the other hand I have the yarn for daughter's sweater, and for dad's socks, and I may actually make Branching Out before the end of the year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Silky Wool is just wonderful stuff. It gets even softer once you do a wash, and the colors are so deep and gorgeous. Well worth it!

10/17/2005 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the desire for Silky Wool. It is some wonderful stuff. For me, a trip to the yarn store is almost never without budget damage.

10/17/2005 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Risë said...

Yarn stores are dangerous to the wallet.

Thanks for the tip on heel colors you left on my blog. I'll have to remember to do that on the next multi-color pair.

10/18/2005 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home