Wednesday, October 05, 2005

taking a break

I am taking a break from the Lacy Heart socks to knit a pair of baby booties. I need a break from these socks as I am getting a bit frustrated. It's not the pattern, it's my yarn, or lack there of. I started knitting the first sock got to the middle of the foot and realized I didn't have enough yarn. OK, no problem, I thought, I'll just rip back and do a contrast heel and toe for the socks, and, hey, while I'm at it I'll try an afterthought heel, I haven't done one of those before. So, instead of just ripping back I started the second sock, inserted the scrap yarn for the afterthought heel, knitted the foot, did the contrast round toe . . . and I hate this sock! I don't like the afterhought heel, I think it looks strange and it pulls at the corners because I didn't pick up the stitches correctly. The sock is finished and I am thinking of ripping it back and doing a constasting flap heel and reworking the round toe, I do like the round toe. So, I am taking a break and knitting a pair of baby booties from "50 Baby Booties To Knit" that I bought a couple of days ago at my LYS. They are the Textured-cuff Booties in bubblegum pink superwash Cascade 220.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home