Sunday, June 05, 2005

Trip to the LYS

In an effort to knit up my yarn stash I took a trip to my local yarn shop. I know, sounds like a bad idea, all that yarn just begging to come home with me, all the beautiful colors, all the fibers calling your name. I was strong, I had a skein of Opal self-stripping in my hand at the register and I put it back. I PUT IT BACK, I say!!

I did buy some patterns, for the yarn I have at home: Knitting Pure & Simple Children’s Neckdown Pullover, so I can finish DS’s pullover that I started at Thanksgiving; KP&S Children’s Poncho, for a poncho for DD to wear at the beach in the evenings when it gets chilly; Minnowknits Button, Button…, I thought this would be a nice sweater to give as baby gifts; and the book the knitter’s handy book of sweater patterns by Ann Budd, I had been looking for a pattern for a child’s seamless yoke faire isle cardigan, could I find one anywhere, no, it’s in this book, after looking for six months it was in this book all along. well, at least I have it now.

I also bought two addi Natura circular needles, size 2, 24” and 32”, so I can kit up some socks using the book “Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles” by Cat Bordhi. I bought them in 2 different lengths because I hate the idea of have two sets of the exact same needles, crazy I know, but there you have it. I also have instructions for knitting both socks at the same time on two circulars that I found on-line here that I want to try next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home