Wednesday, December 08, 2004


Last night I started the Handpaint Hat. Talk about an ordeal . . . I started the hat using three strands of Cascade 220 and then switched to the Yukon as indicated in the pattern. About six rounds into the Yukon I realized that because although it is bulky it does not have the texture of the Point 5 recommended in the pattern and the garter stitch does not look right. I also realized the thee strands of Cascade 220 wasn't quite bulky enough. I ripped out the whole thing and started over.
Four strands of Cascade 220 ended up being perfect and the stockinette stitch looks much better IMO. I'm about 40% done with the hat and I think I'll be able to finish it tonight.
Yup, I finished it! Here is a pic with Bug modeling it.
You can't see it in this pic, but the top of the hat is the same color as the roll brim.


Post a Comment

<< Home