Friday, November 19, 2004

Knitting

Since Mom has Hannah until tomorrow, I packed up Bubba and we headed out to the yarn shop. I just needed to pick up a couple of patterns, but I ended up with Ribbing - Plain and Fancy, by EJ Slayton, Knitting Pure & Simple Easy Children's Socks #203 (this is to replace the one a friend of mine let me borrow to see if I liked sock knitting) and Children's Neck Down Pullover #9730, and three skeins of Cascade 220 to make a pullover for Bubba. I was going to get yarn and a pattern for a cardi for Hannah, but decided to wait until I had finished Bubba's sweater. When I got home I realized I didn't have the size needles I needed for the pattern, so I went back out and got them. When I swatched the pattern I ended up going up a needle size, which I do already own . . . go figure. Didn't need the new needles after all. I did get cast on and knit several rows on Bubba's sweater while I was watching a movie. Ok, the movie was on but I'm still a new enought knitter that I either knit or watch the movie, not both. . . . and the big news!! I finshed the other sock! I have knit my first PAIR of socks. I can't wait to start the next pair.
firstsocks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home